The Senior Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of the Perimeter of Store (Peninsula) End Use Market financial statements. Reporting includes both financial reporting and forecasts to EUM management. Also to provide finance support to division accountants as appropriate. Individual would need excellent Excel skills, general IT systems knowledge (Microsoft Office/Oracle). Individual has the ability to perform basic accounting job functions and can take on non-routine assignments with minimal supervision.
- Performs and monitors fundamental accounting activities at multiple plants to include: the preparation and review of data for input in the general ledger, the review of general ledger and subsidiary ledgers transactions to ensure accuracy and proper accounting treatment.
- Responsible for reporting to division and EUM management’s month end results to include: operating results and plant metrics.
- Performs detailed balance sheet reconciliations quarterly, assure that appropriate adjustments are made in the general ledger.
- Primary resource on cost accounting activities
- Analysis of capital expenditures, asset tracking, and review of the asset register. Ensure that plant assets are reviewed annually.
- Assist in preparation and review of quarterly forecasts and annual budget
- Assist in peer audit of other plants annually.
- Reviews and prepares supporting work papers and schedules in support of the annual audit.
- Assists with in-depth special studies as required and other duties assigned
- Provide financial support for all adhoc projects and presentations.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience and exposure to budgeting/forecasting and advanced excel skills.
- Technical aptitude and ability to grasp a general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively organize and structure activities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.