Sr Accountant, Technical Accounting and External Reporting
Los Angeles based, Internet Brands, Inc. is currently seeking a Sr Accountant, Technical Accounting and External Reporting. This position will be responsible for preparing financial reporting for internal and external needs, supporting external audits, researching and documenting technical accounting issues, and ad hoc projects as necessary. The position will support the development and maintenance of Company-wide accounting policies, apply technical accounting guidelines, and perform accounting research, including the assessment and implementation of new accounting standards and the evaluation of the accounting for non-standard transactions
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- Manage the external reporting process for lender reporting package and assist the CFO with lender/investor presentations.
- Prepare monthly equity roll forward and statement of cash flows.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Partner with Finance to develop business intelligence that will enhance financial reporting.
- Support monthly financial statement review processes that include explaining variances to plan, providing insight on current and expected trends, and identifying areas of risk and opportunities.
- Provide requisite schedules/reports for quarterly reviews/annual audits with external auditors and for the quarterly board meetings.
- Lead the project on new revenue recognition and lease standards analysis and implementation.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare accounting memos in support of positions taken and conclusions reached for new transactions or new accounting principles.
- Review and stay abreast of GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and comparable or relevant company financial statement disclosures.
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc projects and drive automation of processes.
- BS degree in accounting, finance, or economics. CPApreferred.
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload.
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter who can work with limited direction while taking full ownership of the areas of responsibility and provide solutions and alternatives.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success - all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.