The Senior Accountant in the InventoryDepartment of Accounting is responsible for month-end close processes including analysis of COGS, review of system interface entries, review/posting of journal entries, analysis of ecommerce activity, determination of appropriate cost adjustments and/or WAC adjustments related to inventory activity.
Also responsible for monthly general ledger reconciliation issues; preparing/posting journal entries; research and resolution of suspended transactions; and reviewing Inventory Adjustments for appropriateness and accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examine financial statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles.
- Analyze, research, and compile monthly reports to assist in management decisions.
- Compose interpretation of accounting results and advise management.
- Examine forecasted sales and cost of sales to actual.
- Review and post journal entries related to sales, cost of sales, and otherinventory activity.
- Provide written and verbal summaries of analytical research to departments and management as required.
- Review inventory account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting of account balances.
- Responsible for report development, maintenance and enhancement implementation.
- Responsible for monthly posting and closing of inventory systems including applicable reporting of data.
- Coordinate the completion of quarterly audit schedules, such as inventory reserves, shrink extrapolation, and others. Coordinate monthly close of business activity.
- Provide support to other areas in Company (i.e. Brands, Distribution Centers, etc.) in resolving issues and addressing questions related to inventory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience to include demonstrated proficiency in the following:
- Reconciling general ledger accounts against sub-ledger / system source data
- Participating in month-end cycle (journal entries, tie-outs, systems interface and analysis, and variance analysis
- Preparing monthly / quarterly financialreporting for senior management using Excel
- Strong understanding of general accounting practices and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills and Excel skills; proficiency in the use of PC software tools for analysis, audits and reports. Access is strongly preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with senior management and auditors.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships across the organization
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to include effective time management in all key responsibilities of the job.
- Detail oriented and ability to set and achieve work priorities
Prior experience reviewing inventory reconciliations as well as various financial analyses to ensure that financials (balance sheet / income statement) are appropriately stated.