Job Summary / General Purpose:
Prepare, analyze and interpret various accounting and financial data for one or more business units, locations and products. Responsible for the quality, timeliness and integrity of financial data. Determines financial requirements, develops and implements procedures or systems to meet specific financial objectives. Duties range from basic accounting and analytical tasks to interpreting financialreports and data to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with company and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Review and consolidate the work of other Staff Accountants.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the business with a practical application to the financial results.
- Prepare and evaluate balance sheet and income statement information, determining variances and trends and report to management.
- Ensure accuracy of the data and is responsible for resolving most problems.
- Proactively consults with management on financial and business issues.
- Perform month-end journal entries and reconciliations to ensure the consistency and accuracy of assigned strategic business unit(s) profit margin and inventory information for financial reporting.
- Work with other accounting staff (including providing direction and assistance) as well as other departments to ensure internal consistency of reports and analysis.
- Identify key trends and analysis for upper management in order to make informed business decisions.
- Evaluates existing accounting methods. Make recommendations for improving policies, procedures, controls and systems.
- Provide financial analysis and written reports to management or other departments as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education / Experience / Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Business required.
- 3+ years accounting experience