The Sr. Accountant is responsible for the preparation of technical analyses, reporting, reconciliations, and journal entries under the direction of the Assistant Controller and Controller. This position will be involved in the review of journal entries and other deliverables produced by the team. The Senior Accountant will assist in producing routine reports, monthly financial packages, and other ad-hoc reporting for senior management.
- Prepare ad-hocreporting and monthly financialreports
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconciliations
- Review routine deliverables and processes
- Assist in the consolidation of financial results
- Assist in the deployment of new systems, technology, and reporting tools
- Document accounting processes and functions
As a Sr. Accountant, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Perform certain technical processes and prepare journal entries and reconciliations as necessary.
- Research, compile, and deliver routine and ad-hocreports.
- Support Accounting Management in the consolidation and roll-up of financial results to the parent level.
- Support Accounting Management in the review of deliverables created by the team.
- Identify errors or misclassifications within the general ledger through review.
- Plan, direct and coordinate special projects.
- Support and mentor other staff in their routine duties under the direction of Accounting Management.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- 2+ years' experience with a public accounting firm and/or 6+ years with relevant accounting experience
- Sound understanding of accounting concepts, processes and procedures regarding accruals and reserves, AR, AP, cash, reconciliations, data, documentation, Sarbanes Oxley
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and working with data and systems
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to independently problem solve and learn in new areas
- Previous experience in public accounting
- Master's degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA certification
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of VBA and SQL concepts and ERP systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and mentor junior staff members