Marqeta is looking to hire an experienced Senior Accountant who is a self-starter, inquisitive, good at problem solving, and can work in a fast pace start-up environment. We are building out a strong accounting team. The Senior Accountant will play a crucial role in the month end close process and will have an opportunity to help create and develop a scalable financial accounting organization.
- Responsible for monthly close activities, including: accounting for cash, prepaid, accruals, fixed assets, lease, and debt
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Perform flux analysis, investigate variances, and provide clear written documentation of variances
- Setup schedules and participate in implementing processes
- Support department initiatives including ensuring a timely and efficient close
- Support the department for external audits including preparing auditschedules
- As Marqeta scales, so may this Senior Accountant’s job function and responsibilities
- Minimum of 5 years of related accounting experience with strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Previous experience at both mid-size and start-up companies preferred
- Public accounting experience and CPApreferred
- Experience with ERP systems is required
- Positive attitude, adaptable, team player, with a good sense of humor
- Deadline oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.