Sr Accountant l

5 - 7 years experience  • 

Salary depends on experience
Posted on 05/22/18
Lewisville, TX
5 - 7 years experience
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 05/22/18

Overview

The Sr Accountant will be responsible for the accurate and timely recording of financial transactions to ensure that monthly financial statements are properly recorded. To prepare and review period-end journal entries and perform analytical review procedures during the monthly close and the reconciliation of the various balance sheet accounts thereafter.  Approximately 30% of the month is devoted to journal entries and close procedures with the remaining 70% devoted to account reconciliations.  The candidate is expected to take ownership of assigned tasks, meet all deadlines and work towards objectives without undue supervision.

Responsibilities

  • Prepare and post a high volume of journal entries for multiple clients during a compressed monthly close (highest level of complexity determined by level of materiality or higher risk accounts)
  • Review a high volume of journal entries for multiple clients during a compressed monthly close (low to medium complexity determined by level of materiality or high risk accounts)
  • Prepare a high volume of balance sheet account reconciliations for multiple clients (highest level of complexity)
  • Review a high volume of balance sheet account reconciliations for multiple clients (low to medium level of complexity determined by level of materiality or higher risk accounts)
  • Ensure compliance with internal controls and take a lead role in assessing/designing control procedures
  • Act as a subject matter expert to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement in order to improve the quality of reporting, strengthen internal controls and gain efficiencies
  • Answer questions and participate in walkthroughs with external and internal auditors

Qualifications

  • 4 year college degreerequired with emphasis in Accountingrequired
  • 5 plus years of accounting experience
  • Previous Supervisory Experience
  • CPA  and /or MBA desirable
  • Excellent oral and written communication skills
  • Ability to work with numerous “clients” (Business Units, etc.)
  • Detailed and customer service oriented
  • Deadline oriented and willingness to work additional hours to meet those deadlines
  • Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
  • Sound knowledge of U.S. GAAP
  • Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
  • Well-developed Microsoft Office Suite and PeopleSoft skills with Access skills desirable.

Job ID 2018-48310

Not the right job?
Join Ladders to find it.
With a free Ladders account, you can find the best jobs for you and be found by over 20,0000 recruiters.