Our client is a growing, stable CPA firm that specializes in Real Estate. They offer excellent benefits, bonus, OT and great work environment. They have a reputation of retaining their staff by treating all employees like family.
The Senior Accountant provides paperless financial statement audits, reviews and compilations for real estate entities. The position is full-time. Assigned clients are of a single group, Cooperatives and Condominiums. AICPA industry standards applied are Common Interest Realty Associations (CIRA).
- Perform paperless financial statement audits of entities operating in the Real Estate industry throughout New York City in a manner that promotes efficiency, accuracy and professionalism.
- Prepare certified financial statements with schedules and footnotes for Manager review.
- Prepare and complete required audit programs and checklists using PPC ESmart Tools.
- Post client's trial balance into Thomson Reuters' products.
- Acquire confirmations for bank, mortgage, legal and insurance.
- Prepare and maintain schedule of client's fixed assets.
- Conduct necessary field work required for the audit.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare Federal, State, and Local income tax returns using Thompson Reuters' UltraTax.
- Prepare tax deduction excel model.
- Willingness to attend and present at shareholder meetings.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- At least four years of prior experience
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Ability to handle fiscal information with sensitivity and integrity
- Ability to meet deadlines while multi-tasking
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to learn and/or improve on the above skills
- Thomson Reuters AdvanceFlow, GoFileRoom, UltraTax CS, Fixed Assets CS, Practice CS, PPC Smart Practice Aids