The Senior Accountant, Global Consolidations is critical to consolidating the global results of Hain Celestial Group Inc. on a monthly basis and assisting in preparing quarterly and annual SEC financial disclosures. This is a high-visibility role, which requires coordinating the flow of information from multiple business units located worldwide to the various global finance teams and upper management. In this role, you will work with an experienced team, in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the preparation of the monthly consolidation with multiple domestic and international subsidiary general ledgers in accordance with US GAAP and ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Review and document intercompany transactions and accounting controls to ensure proper elimination of intercompany transactions upon consolidation.
- Perform continuous assessment of the consolidation close process and implement controls to improve consistency and accuracy of the reported results.
- Review international reporting package submissions.
- Assist in preparing consolidated and regional cash flow statement.
- Assist in preparing SEC financial filings, including 10-Ks and 10-Qs.
- Assist with the purchase accounting and reporting integration of newly acquired companies.
- Proactively adjust financial reports in compliance with upcoming regulation requirements or pending changes to current laws.
- Ensure that all relevant key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and be called upon to participate on cross-functional teams as necessary.
- 5-8 years of experience in a multi-national company environment and/or Big 4 accounting firm experience. CPA designation preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with Hyperion ESSBase and Hyperion Financial Management software. JD Edwards is a plus.
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SEC reporting requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively.
- Self-motivated and strong analytical/problem solving skills.