Siemens Wind Power, Inc. is seeking an Accountant, Financial Statements and Consolidation to support management with external financial statement preparation, consolidation and other merger and acquisition integration activities. This role will prepare audited IFRS consolidated financial statements in support of US statutory and commercial requirements. The candidate must possess the ability to proactively engage internal customers at various levels of the organization, facilitate healthy channels for communications, and successfully support the management of, and provide overall direction to, the organization regarding changes to accounting policy and working within the framework to fulfill both internal and external financial reporting requirements while also liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
Coordination and preparation of annual Consolidated Financial Statements including creating audit lead schedules, drafting footnote disclosures, reviewing supporting documentation and disclosure processes
Provide technical assistance, support and guidance on various accounting topics such as revenue recognition, projects accounting, restructuring, provisions, and other high risk topics.
Review, analysis and oversight to the general ledger processes and data.
Provide insight for general ledger accounts and supporting disclosure schedules related to the preparation of the financial statements.
Assist in monthly closing and reporting activities as well as quarterly and annual testing of controls over financial closing.
Audit interface support for both internal and external audit engagements.
Delivery of general ledger information for external or internal auditors and/or divisional review purposes.
Work with other finance and non-finance departments on ad-hoc special projects or additional government reporting requirements as needed.
Identify, develop and drive process efficiencies that improve accuracy, quality and timeliness of statement preparation and other department deliverables.
Champion and foster an environment of continuous improvement with primary emphasis on process re-engineering and automation of existing procedures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years experience in accounting or related field.
- Strong understanding and use of IFRS/US GAAP including experience in complex accounting issues and application of accounting principles
- Proficiency in researching technical accounting topics and coordinating resolution within Company and with independent auditors
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience with financial reporting software
- Excellent communication, writing, reporting skills to effectively communicate technical financial information
- Proven critical thinking skills and ability to apply technical guidelines to complex accounting problems
- Strong appreciation for the importance of ensuring accuracy in all levels of financial reporting
- Experience and familiarity with risk and Internal Controls
- Working knowledge of general business practices
- Ability and desire to plan, control, and contribute to solving complex problems
- Self-driven and resourceful to meet deadlines, achieve goals, work independently as well as work well in teams or group
- Flexibility to multi-task and adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities – ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Experience in the preparation of audited financial statements and monthly closing activities
Experience in general ledger accounting for large, multi-national organization is a plus
Background in Audit function as either an external auditor or Company financial department member
Proven capabilities supporting accounting activities with multiple ERP’s