The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Prepare and analyze internal documents used in the financial closing and reporting process, including journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis;
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and reports to the SEC;
- Assist in the internal and external audit process by providing support and explanation for Financial information;
- Demonstrate fluency of knowledge of the department’s processes and Internal Controls and their consistent application, and contribute to identifying changes and improvements thereto as they become necessary;
- Provide assistance as needed in other areas of financial and operational reporting;
- Work on or lead complex projects on a team or independent basis;
- Regularly and effectively communicate with internal personnel in other offices or functions;
- Participate directly and full time on PDC’s ERP implementation team through at least June 30, 2020;
- Perform and assume other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the relevant ERP Project Team Lead, as well as certain other Financial and Operational personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and Oil and Gas accounting;
- Possess advanced technical PC skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong analytical, documentation and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the Company;
- Detail oriented professional with strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information in a professional and discretionary manner;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, tasks, or work flows;
- Works with purpose and a sense of urgency, deadline focused and commitment driven.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
While there are no initial direct supervisory responsibilities for this position, the Senior Accountant-ERP demonstrates the ability to lead others on project or work efforts and serve as a resource or mentor for other staff, and will, therefore, be available to formally supervise staff on an as needed basis.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal office environment, including working in a close knit, teamwork oriented atmosphere;
- Through the duration of PDC’s ERP implementation project, the ability to travel and work away from the main office on a frequency of up to one week per month.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting, or Finance / Economics with Accounting emphasis;
- 5+ years of direct and effective oil and gas accounting experience;
- CPA preferred, but not required;
- Strong Accounting system knowledge and experience, with a strong preference for SAP experience;
- Strong project implementation or management experience preferred.