The Neuroscience Sales Specialist (NSS) communicates the value proposition for BOTOX® and other Neurological products within the Neurosciences portfolio to achieve ongoing engagement with customers. The NSS achieves this through use of strong selling skills and stellar account planning involving all strategic stakeholders within a defined sales territory. Primarily responsible for cultivating existing and new customer sales on approved indications for BOTOX® in the private practice and community based clinic sectors with focus in either Chronic Migraine or Neuroscience Rehabilitation.
The NSS uses advanced selling skills to increase productivity of established injectors and to create new injectors through teaching customers, tailoring approved sales messaging to each decision-maker across the customer organization and assertiveness throughout the sales interaction to overcome customer barriers.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
The company offers flexible career paths with a strong emphasis on opportunity for internal mobility.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher is required
- Minimum five years of pharmaceutical or medical device sales experience
- Proven track record with documentation of successful sales performance
- Strong science acumen needed to sell complexities of BOTOX® for approved indications.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Neurological sales background preferred
- Customer knowledge with Neurologists and PMR in local area
- Injectable sales experience within a buy & bill Medicare Part B/Medical benefit environment or other comparable reimbursement experiences preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to effectively work with many diverse customers and internal business partners
- Strong organizational, analytical and business planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with many diverse customer audiences, therapeutic decision makers, and other influencers externally and internally
- Possesses strong negotiation skills in a complex environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to drive business objectives
- Ability to work in a sales driven environment and exceed goals
- Advanced sales ability to increase productivity of established injectors and to create new injectors through teaching customers, tailoring approved sales messaging to each decision-maker across the customer organization and assertiveness throughout the sales interaction to overcome customer barriers
- Ability to travel adequately to cover territory, as well as overnight attendance at training meetings
- Ability to drive a car and possess a valid and current driver's license
- Not been debarred or currently under investigation by the FDA for debarment action
- Ability to lift 35 pounds