The BioServices business unit of the Clinical Trials Division (CTD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific, we specialize in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customized end-to-end chain of custody solutions for large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. BioServices is a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and is part of the Clinical Trials Division within the Pharma Services Group (PSG). To learn more please visit www.fisherbioservices.com.
Position Summary: Sr. Account Manager role for the BioServices business within the Clinical Trials Division (CTD). Fisher BioServices is a business that manages critical biological materials for customers in cell and gene therapy, GMP biologics, and population-based public health research. Sr Account Manager is responsible selling various clinical trial, biorepository/biobanking, laboratory and kit production services within a defined Mid-Atlantic territory. The Sr. Account Manager will be responsible for ensuring effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
- Develop new business at existing accounts, develop a pipeline and close business with prospective customers
- Maintain effective customer relations with decision makers, end users and purchasing within assigned territory
- Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with internal cross-functional teams and across other Thermo Fisher business units
- Drive sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; Maintains a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives; generate and qualify leads, and executes outbound marketing campaigns
- Report competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers; and introduces new products and services
- Achieve sales targets and MBOs as required
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary to meet job requirements
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times
- Engage and participate in a Practical Process Improvement (PPI) environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement and complete required training as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry or Business
- 5 years of relevant industry-specific experience
- Strong sales experience, presentation skills and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Proficient computer skills (including Microsoft Office, email, CRM, and spreadsheet analysis)
- Ability to travel 50% + of the time. Some global travel possible
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology or clinical trials industry.
- Experience selling in a service industry.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for clinical trials, cell and gene therapies and GMPs.