We are seeking an experienced Senior Account Manager to cover a Midwest/East territory. This is a home office position and the desired candidate will reside in any of the following areas: Indianapolis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, etc.
Strategic management of a multi-million dollar custom elastomers, rubber & plastic molded parts and assemblies portfolio in the following market segments: Water, Transportation, and/or Power. Manage new and existing customer relationships and generate new business through excellent sales and service.
% of Time
New Sales/Revenue Generation
Proactively drive new business at existing and new accounts to obtain maximum sales potential, and to achieve or exceed goals for volume and growth at optimum selling price. Includes:
- Creating a strategic roadmap for protecting existing business, and identifying growth area(s) within the territory
- Generating new profitable accounts by cold calling, as well as following up on advertising, trade show and other leads
- Attending trade shows and other sales/marketing efforts to represent the organization as a partner with potential customers
- Increasing business at existing accounts by anticipating customers’ potential needs, and active solicitation of increased business through follow-up and sales calls with new and existing customer contacts
Service existing customer base by developing, maintaining and reinforcing highly technical customer relationships in one or more market segments. Includes:
- Coordinating with appropriate departments (Engineering, Operations, R&D and Customer Service) resolution of escalated issues/complaints on key accounts.
- Acting as interface to provide detailed customer specs and analysis to ensure design and production of customers’ custom products are produced.
- Requires 40-50% travel
Completes other related items necessary to sales and account management role. Includes:
- Timely sales reporting of prospects, forecasts and review of sales reports/analytics
- Maintaining product awareness, competitor knowledge and continuing to increase product knowledge
Relationship to Others
Has frequent contact with Customers, Sales Management, Engineering, Advanced Materials, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, and Manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Business, Economics, or related field is desirable, or equivalent experience.
- Senior Account Manager with 8+ year’s industry selling experience.
- Company Car or Allowance
- Home Office: Cell Phone, Computer, Printer, etc.
- Medical, dental, and disability benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA and HSA programs
- Generous Sales Incentive Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Reward and recognition programs
- Training and development
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)