The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitors daily and monthly reports to insure the timely renewal of credit facilities.
- Will assist Banking Advisor with the administration of their loan portfolio as directed.
- Closes, funds and performs advances on all types of loans, including LIBOR pricing advances.
- Regularly interacts with client to obtain information updates, address loan servicing issues, and for routine, modest collection activity, including overdrafts.
- Has primary responsibility to assist lending staff on elimination of document, delinquency or compliance deficiencies. Prints and monitors various team portfolio reports such as Deposit and Loan document deficiencies, past due loans, overdraft reports, flood and insurance tracking reports, late annual review reports.
- Responsible for coordinating the ordering of loan documents, obtain good standing certificate, etc. proofs loan documents.
- Makes copies for client, legal counsel and desk files as appropriate.
- Responsible for collecting and monitoring compliance documents.
- Acts as liaison with CSST, NCS, CLS, and other areas and performs due diligence on loans such as obtaining money market rates, ordering of appraisals, prepping financials and ordering work from the NCS and CLS/LDSC.
- Provides administrative and problem solving support to relationship managers, managing directors, service groups and other partners in order to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for coordinating the account administration for Banking clients; responds to client inquiries, produces reports and oversees transaction processing. Resolves all types of operational or processing issues.
- Assists bankers with internal administration of accounts, business development and client presentations including due diligence at the onset of a credit opportunity which includes gathering financial statements, industry research, basic feasibility analysis and other credit information required to assess loan. Acts as liaison with National Credit Center at inception and throughout Credit underwriting process.
- Coordinates with CSST to execute daily client transaction activity and transaction processing including fees, payments and borrowing; handles inquiry resolution; obtains appropriate documentation necessary for credit underwriting, monitoring and credit file maintenance; requests and ensures systems information is up-to-date; execution of client servicing events, communicating with clients and other internal and external partners.
- Coordinates with the CSST team on deposit related transaction processing including account opening, exception clearing, overdrafts, etc.
- Communicates with clients regularly to inform them of account set-up or status, past due loans, document requests or other information.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of loan agreements, financial statements and other documentation required to monitor client relationships
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- 5+ years' experience, or equivalent, in financial servicing/accounting fields with client servicing background
- Knowledge of banking products and services is required.
- Knowledge of internal banking functions.
- Analytical, problem solving and organizational skills required
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$8.2 trillion in assets under custody
$1.2 trillion in assets under management
$122 billion in banking assets