Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for coordinating the account administration for Banking clients; responds to client inquiries, produces reports and oversees transaction processing. Also responsible for assisting Private Bankers in business development; creating client presentations and coordinating with the CSST servicing team. Resolves all types of operational or processing issues.
- Acts as initial contact for complex client or partner inquiries for banking products and services. Assists with creating and implementing complex banking solutions (including treasury management) for new and existing WM clients
- Assists bankers with internal administration of accounts, business development and client presentations including due diligence at the onset of a credit opportunity which includes gathering financial statements, industry research, basic feasibility analysis and other credit information required to assess loan. Acts as liaison with National Credit Center at inception and throughout Credit underwriting process.
- Coordinates with CSST to execute daily client transaction activity and transaction processing including fees, payments and borrowing; handles inquiry resolution; obtains appropriate documentation necessary for credit underwriting, monitoring and credit file maintenance; requests and ensures systems information is up-to-date; execution of client servicing events, communicating with clients and other internal and external partners
- Coordinates with the CSST team on deposit related transaction processing including account opening, exception clearing, overdrafts, etc.
- Oversees development of appropriate action plans for client servicing and coordinates with other team members across disciplines to ensure execution and follow-up
- Acts as resource for the relationship servicing team for highly complex WM relationships.
- Develops clear understanding of clients need behind service requests and communicates to service partners. Obtains appropriate information from partners and clients to facilitate service changes
- Identifies service efficiency enhancements, process improvements, and service delivery.
- Communicates with clients regularly to inform them of account set-up or status, past due loans, document requests or other information
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of loan agreements, financial statements and other documentation required to monitor client relationships
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years' experience, or equivalent, in financial servicing/accounting fields with client servicing background
- Knowledge of banking products and services is required
- Knowledge of internal banking functions
- Analytical, problem solving and organizational skills required
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$122 billion in banking assets
$10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$8.2 trillion in assets under custody
$1.2 trillion in assets under management