About our Client
For the past 20 years, our client has been offering a full suite of connectivity, communication, and collaboration services including broadband, Wi-Fi/LAN, voice, and video solutions to K–12, Higher Education and State and Local Governments nationwide. They have earned a reputation as experts in the design, deployment, and management of these services.
- Title: Account Executive
- Job Location: Remote
- Salary: Base + Commission (OTE $200K)
- Type: Full Time with Benefits
- Industry: IT Services
- Product/service experience: IT Infrastructure and Cloud Services
- Required Experience: Technology sales to Higher Education (ED TECH)
- Travel: 50%
The Sr. Account Executive is responsible for prospecting, developing, and closing new business to achieve revenue targets in the higher education market within their assigned territory.
- Establish new contacts, develop client relationships, and retain customers by ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction with key account in the higher education market.
- Identify and establish key relationship with CIOs, CFOs, Technology Directors and key college/university administrators within the higher education market.
- Understand the curriculum policies, education goals, and the unique politics of each university with in the assigned territory.
- Gain and maintain a high level of proficiency of the services and solution offerings, including Internet Access, WAN, Voice, and security solutions.
- Research and prioritize prospecting efforts in the assigned territory based on funding, state/local education and technology initiatives, the political landscape, existing competitor contracts, and competitor presence in each market.
- Build and manage partnerships with consortiums, state agencies, channel partners and others who can extend your reach in your territory and help drive awareness, identify leads and close business with prospects and customers.
- Engage in the technology planning process for your higher education customers (universities, colleges, vocational schools, etc.).
- Maintain accurate sales opportunity information in the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
- Participate in local marketing activities such as education conferences and sponsored events.
Qualifications and Experience
- The successful candidates must have a minimum of 5+ years experience in Ed Tech sales.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of networking, voice solutions, and cloud computing.
- Qualified candidates will have a proven history of working autonomously, being self-motivated, and have the ability to work from a home-based office.
- Strong relationship building skills and management of large, complex clients.
- Two or more years of experience and sufficient working knowledge of telecommunications.