Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Senior Account Executive-New Business Development, Texas
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for direct sales into targeted prospect accounts in the Houston Area, specifically the Oil & Gas and manufacturing markets. The person is responsible for the profitable sales of the Teradata Analytic Solution and Big Data portfolios including applications, consulting services, software, platforms and support services. Key solution areas of focus will be helping targeted prospects leverage all data to differentiate and optimize their businesses by expanding the reach of Teradata’s Unified Data Architecture and Analytic applications as well as maximizing Teradata’s consulting services footprint across the defined territory rider.
To be successful, you need to be an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization. You should have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and the ability to lead a complex, multi-pronged sale in a highly consultative manner. Finally, if you are naturally analytical and enjoy digging into business models and helping customers quantify their investment decision then this is the role for you!
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Understand Teradata’s Solution offerings and key differentiators to develop and successfully execute sales strategies that expand and maximize Teradata’s business relationships across the assigned rider
• Builds and manages relationships with client decision makers including but not limited to the C-suite
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of each assigned prospect’s key business initiatives to effectively position Teradata’s Analytic solutions and consulting services portfolio in terms of ROI and relevant business metrics
• Establish and enhance key relationships up and across each assigned prospect’s Business and IT organization
• Establish and enhance key relationships with the SI and vendor community to ensure the timely delivery and accelerated business user utilization of Teradata’s analytic solutions
• Capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover new business opportunities
• Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative, solution based selling techniques
• Utilize team members including post-sale delivery professionals, pre-sale technical and business professionals, and management to achieve business objectives
• Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction
• Bachelor’s Degree and significant work experience
• 5+ years of experience in selling analytic software & services specifically in the database, analytics and/or enterprise software space.
• Successful track record of sales with large, complex enterprise customers particularly in the technology and/or internet space
• Significant technical and industry knowledge in order to drive sales conversations with both IT and business decision makers
• Awareness and comprehension of the latest advanced analytics techniques and how they apply to business decisions
• Customer relationship management experience, particularly at the C-suite level
• Demonstrated success developing new account opportunities
• Proven skills in effectively managing and developing relevant messaging for business buyers
• Ability to effectively prioritize key activities and delegate as needed
• Industry knowledge- providing Innovative and creative capabilities in industry leading solution strategies and predicting/forecasting possible business problems.
• Master’s Degree
• Previous experience selling analytics, data management, and business intelligence solutions
• Experience selling to complex accounts
• Understanding of various sensor data analytic use cases