TEGNA, one of the nation’s leading broadcasters, has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Sr. Account Executive, National Digital Sales. TEGNA is the largest owner of the top 4 affiliates (I.e. NBC, CBS, etc.) in the top 20 DMAs among independent broadcast owners. TEGNA’s digital properties reach approx. 75M unduplicated monthly viewers and have been within the comScore Top 50 properties throughout 2020.
TEGNA is a multiplatform media company with a wide variety of powerful digital platforms including:
- Localized digital news properties (websites, apps, OTT apps and social media channels) that reach more than 75 million unique visitors each month.
- A robust presence on social media, including more than 30 million followers across platforms and more than 100 million monthly video views on YouTube.
- Daily Blast Live, a nationally syndicated daytime television program with broad digital reach.
- National video-based digital franchises including VERIFY, focused on fact-checking, and Heart Threads, which produces uplifting stories for all of our stations.
- True Crime Network, a first-of-its-kind multicast television network and OTT app airing entertaining crime programming and making communities safer.
- Vault Studios, a true-crime podcast network, which has quickly grown into one of the leaders in the genre with more than 20 million downloads.
- Second screen experiences that accompany our broadcasts that enable our audiences to contribute in real-time to our on-air broadcasts through user-generated content and audience engagement technologies.
The person in this role will work closely with key national accounts and their digital buying agencies to help build performance solutions that reach TEGNA’s audience via original video, 1st party targeting and innovative ad products. The ideal candidate has worked in digital media and is familiar with the required dedication for multi-tasking duties in a fast-paced environment. They should also thrive on navigating ambiguity and solving new problems.
This is a key hire for TEGNA and an opportunity for the right candidate looking to advance their career with a market leader in a newly established role.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Define the important business drivers for the customer and develop a strategy that uses TEGNA’s advertising solutions to help grow the customer’s business.
- Key individual contributor to revenue, work against aggressive advertising revenue goals - need to hit the ground running and be a fast learner
- Proactively build and grow a pipeline of sales targets, contacts, and sales opportunities via prospecting and leveraging your brand connections and their agencies
- Own the voice of the customer in any internal discussions regarding product innovation, measurement requirements, and customer service
- Respond to RFPs and craft strategic annual agency and client upfront partnerships by working closely account management, marketing, product and research teams
- Meet with and build relationships with senior level decision makers at client and agency
- Gather marketplace insights to help build new ad products and measurement solutions
- Report on revenue projections/forecasts
- Host weekly or biweekly sales calls with stakeholders at the agency
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key decision makers at all levels, both client and agency.
- Proactively curate idea-based solutions for the extent of the prospective and current account list.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional internal departments (editorial, planning, sales, marketing, production, research, finance) to service key accounts.
- Maintain accurate reporting through SalesForce to manage prospects, client accounts, pipeline, and business forecasts.
- Own the entire sales process from outreach, negotiation, developing and presenting solution-oriented programs that meet the needs of the client.
- Achieve and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets.
Great to have:
- The equivalent of 5+ years of digital sales experience with buying models based on a CPV, CPCV, CPA, or CPC, with a focus on digital video.
- A demonstrated track record in closing small, medium and large deals with key vertical partners and their respective agency holding companies.
- Demonstrated an ability to create relationships with internal collaborators across teams
- Worked across internal and external parties to sell and execute campaigns
- An understanding of the dynamics of the OTT/SVOD/AVOD/FAST space and how digital solutions drive business goals for advertisers
- An understanding of the digital advertising landscape and industry trends
- Fluency in the language of success behind performance marketing campaigns, including customer acquisition goals, retention, ROAS or cost-per-acquisition media buying
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience selling (preferably at a major media company), with a demonstrable track record for strategic, consultative selling with cross-platform experience
- Strong client and agency relationships/contacts across industry categories, and at all levels
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and developing new business.
- Excellent communication, time management, and presentation skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Salesforce and Slack
- Self-motivated; proactive; strong team player
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information,
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.