What we do
We're the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you'll do
SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals to join our growing Health & Life Sciences division as a Sr. Account Executive. We are considering candidates with software sales and industry consulting experience selling into the Life Sciences space. You will be responsible for sales of SAS solutions and services across their customer's enterprise within in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Position and leverage sales opportunities to grow and retain dedicated, strategic customers at all levels within their organization.
- Understand complex business needs of assigned account(s) and qualify types and levels of opportunities in or out accordingly.
- Implement aspects of strategic account management and development.
- Work closely with SAS management and executive teams.
- Create, negotiate and finalize contracts with cross-functional teams.
- Manage customer satisfaction levels and coordinate/delegate value-adding activities.
- Develop a working understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of eight years of experience selling enterprise class software solutions.
- Proven track record of exceeding quota targets in software sales.
- Ability to successfully manage a territory of Life Sciences accounts.
- Ability to be at customer's site(s) 2-3 out of 5 days of the week building rapport and working directly with customer to solve complex business problems.
- Proven track record of delivering multi-year, complex solutions that positively impact customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field.
- Ability to travel 50% or as business needs require.
- Preferred Location: New Jersey, Philadelphia, New York.
The nice to haves
- Knowledge and fluency of strategic sales techniques to evaluate territory and to develop and implement a successful sales plan.
- Knowledge of enterprise hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Knowledge of Life Sciences, large Pharmaceutical industry technology, terminology, concepts and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to initiate, lead and/or delegate projects.
- Ability to relate technical and business needs of customer to SAS solutions.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Experience selling software solutions to multiple divisions within Life Sciences accounts.
- Thorough understanding of how to position advanced analytics software solutions in order to solve business problems facing Life Sciences accounts.
- Experience selling competitive software products or similar analytical products.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.