bout the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As Sr. Account Director, Relationship Management in our Group Benefits division, you are responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a complex relationship management business plan to achieve profitable sales, growth, and retention goals for large/complex targeted clients for your assigned area(s) of responsibility. Primary focus will be in Group Life, STD, LTD, Dental, Vision, and other voluntary coverages.
- As a subject matter expert to internal stakeholders by consulting on complex sales strategies to optimize client satisfaction & retention
- Builds and directs a complex relationship platform by identifying executive contacts within targeted organizations to achieve profitable sales & product breath growth.
- Builds, enhances and maintains effective relationships with complex client organizations to ensure a high level of client satisfaction & increase sales revenues & profitability.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders on proposals and/or promotional materials.
- Develops & maintains complex plans to supportretention sales & product breadth growth within existing clients.
- Develops a multifaceted understanding of existing/targeted client organizations.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders to achieve sales objectives
- Develops, maintains and executes complex client relationship plans to ensure clients overall service needs are satisfied and achieve all business/profitability objectives.
- Identifies and resolves complex client issues/concerns in a timely manner.
- Identifies clients with retentionrisk and develops and executes complex plans to retain clients.
- Increases awareness of LFG's products & services with assigned client organizations.
- Maintains expense budgets to set limits.
- Maintains sales call data in appropriate systems and/or completes sales reports.
- Meets or exceeds all department and/or sales goals/targets for his/her assigned clients.
- Participates in financial services &/or insurance industry trade organization meetings seeking opportunities for LFG to participate via sponsorship &/or speaking opportunities
- Profiles territory of complex clients to identify which firms may be interested in LFG offerings & targets executives with whom to build relationships
- Provides feedback and intelligence to internal partners on existing and targeted clients.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to internal/external stakeholders by leveraging an advanced understanding and expertise of LFG's products, services & operational structure.
- Supports retention efforts by looking for opportunities to cross sell/partner with appropriate stakeholders.
- Works effectively to support growth in all segments of LFGs product/service offerings to capitalize on opportunities to penetrate client organizations.
Education & Experience
- 5 7+ Years experience in relationship management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position(Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in (Minimum Required)
- Upon Hire Certifications/Licensures : Licenses dependent upon product being supported with specified time frame.