From the beginning, Hotwire Communications has been focused on the future – bringing the power and speed of fiber optics directly to customers. We were among the first companies in the US to offer IPTV Video and the first to offer gigabit speeds in Florida.
And that leadership continues.
We are looking for team members who are passionate about technology and what it means for all our lives. We are looking for leaders to drive us into the future and we are looking for individuals who are prepared to do whatever it takes to create a truly exceptional customer experience day in and day out.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design, configure and implement the Central Office Terminals - PON and DOCSIS technologies
- Interoperability testing on PON access equipment and multivendor residential gateways.
- Perform upgrades and maintenance to Central Office equipment and CPE.
- Mitigate and resolve PON/DOCSIS related service interruptions and assist field operations with plant troubleshooting.
- Diagnosis of network and IPTV (Multicast) related issues.
- Participate in core network architecture development, IPv6, MPLS, etc.
- Contribute to network security evolution and implementation
- Support the investigation and lab testing/validation of field issues and new technologies
- On-call as one of the escalation access engineering resource
- Onsite Deployment of Network equipment
- Estimated 5-10% Travel needed
- Experienced with Linux and Windows Sever Administration
- Experienced with network automation
What You Need to Bring
- 3+ years of relevant GPON access design and support experience, preferably in service provider
- Excellent understanding of ONT, Consumer Residential Gateways (e.g. Netgear, Linksys, Belkin), NAT, DHCP, Port Forwarding
- Strong understanding of VoIP, ATA and POTS lines
- Strong understanding of consumer in-home WiFi (802.11 standards, RF spectrum, provisioning)
- 2+ years as Network Engineer in a service provider
- Network security experience, including firewall and IDS/IPS appliances/functions
- Excellent communication skills
- Cisco CCNA
- Strong understanding of Multicast IGMP
- Advanced understanding of Linux terminal
- Advanced understanding of Windows OS
- + Understanding of IPTV, preferably Mediaroom and digital video compression
- Knowledge of automated provisioning tools for CPE devices
- + Experience with scripting and/or a programming language
- + Cisco CCNP
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed.