The SQL Systems Engineer IV will be responsible for the planning, desiging, implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical Microsoft SQL Server RDBMS systems. Responsibilities include ensuring the availability and consistent performance of our internal and customer database environments. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads and migrations, performance enhancements, installing and configuring new instances and features, and supporting multiple development teams. The data warehouse supports enterprise applications and internally developed APIs and services.
The SQL Systems Engineer IV must be comfortable with working in a hybrid ITIL based Incident management model, along side working with in an Agile project framework. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
Flexible work schedules are required due to on-call and maintenance related night time activities. This includes weekend activities when needed. These flexible schedules may include the necessity to work alternative hours outside of the traditional business work day.
- Ownership of the planning and design of all MS SQL systems.
- Manage MS SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Perform upgrades for MS SQL environments, including minor and major upgrades.
- Perform MS SQL data migrations for production environments.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical Requirements
- Four year degree or equivalent additional experience in a related discipline (e.g., information technology, computer science, business, engineering).
- Minimum 7+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Maintain high levels of integrity and dependability.
- Maintain a focus on results, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Works well in a team environment and effectively manages work activities.
- Project a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Be extremely flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrates the ability to function and stay focused in a constant pressure, fast growing and ever-changing organization.
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2012, 2016, and 2017 Standard/Enterprise.
- Detailed knowledge of AAG (AlwaysOn Availability Groups) design and management.
- Detailed knowledge of WSFC (Windows Server Failover Clustering) with MS SQL.
- Adept at change management and release management policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 preferred.
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology using Scrum preferred.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools. Solarwinds DPA experience a plus.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models for MS SQL.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Ability to competently understand, speak, read and write English.
- Ability to produce professional written communication including project submittals, complex Visio diagrams and knowledgebase articles.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, project steering committees and customers.
- Requires excellent interpersonal communications skills.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.