Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
IT Business Intelligence is a high-energy, customer-focused team of business, data and technical experts managing the financial settlement and data warehouse environments containing historical data for NetSpend, the premier debit card provider in the nation.
This position is part of a support team for Business Intelligence systems designated to maintain a robust and secure reporting infrastructure for a high volume transactional environment.
Roles and responsibilities
- The role requires a mix of working knowledge of databases and linux
- Work on supporting applications against Oracle databases
- Work on maintaining and optimizing transaction processing, reporting and analytical infrastructure
- Work on providing RCA, fixes and improvements to reduce support time
- Work on analyzing data flow and exchange between OLTP systems and backend applications
- The role includes interacting with production support, developers and DBAs for resolution of data and application issues
- Participate in rotating 24hron-call support
- Coordinate with offshore support teams for issue resolution
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience in computer programming
- At least 3 year recent work experience in PL/SQL, Oracle databases
- Knowledge of ETL tools, particularly Talend would be a plus
- Experience with linux or unix, basic knowledge of Unix scripting, markup languages (XML, HTML)
- Experience with ticketing systems – JIRA would be preferred
- Willingness to learn and pickup new technologies
- Ability to work independently on support and issue resolution
- Familiarity with version control systems (SVN, Git) and build tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws