Full-time / direct-placement position with Greensboro NC client.
Immediate need for DBA with strong Oracle and SQL experience. Small team environment.
The Database Administrator (DBA) role is responsible for the support, development, and implementation of the underlying databases for business systems and internet applications. Programming and scripting using SQL tools is required part of this role. Will be responsible for ensuring multiple database systems are available, optimized for performance, and properly backed-up. Applying software controls and proactive management of messaging alerts is required.
- Ensure database and middleware stability
- Multiple systems are available, optimized for performance and properly backed up
- Database administration and underlying operating system management
- Programming and development
- Support, development, and implementation of distributed systems and internet applications
- Efficient, timely resolution of trouble ticket requests
- Development, testing, and implementation of application fixes
- Proactive handling of messaging alerts
- Proactive support of back office systems, interfaces, and controls on related initiatives
- Working with infrastructure and development teams and outsource providers
- Strong experience with Oracle and SQL Server RDBMS
- Proficient in SQL, SSIS, PL/SQL and T-SQL, Database Performance Tuning and Query Tuning, Backup & Recovery concepts
- Basic skills in Local Area Network and Windows/ Linux/ OS troubleshooting
- Nice to have skills: SAP Basis Administration and warehouse management or product life-cycle management systems