We are looking for SQL Server DBA for our client in Plymouth Meeting, PA
Job Title: SQL Server DBA
Job Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Provide Database Administration Support and Programming services using specified programming language(s), tools and platforms.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Database (2008 R2, 2016) required.
- Knowledge of SSIS Tools in SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL2016 very helpful.
- Strong skills in use of Microsoft Office tools (VBA knowledge a plus)
- Ability to write SQL Scripts (functions, stored procedures) to automate routine data research tasks.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical promotion and treatment data is a plus.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team to achieve stated goals.
- Knowledge of Microstrategy Tools with regard to creating and troubleshootingreports a plus (not a requirement)
- Very good verbal and written skills
- Respond to requests for data or analysis of data and associated processing.
- Assist in triage of data and reporting issues related to CDOM and Microstrategy and then implement or recommend changes to avoid future issues.
- Maintain SQL Scripts written by current and former employees.
- Reverse engineer queries in order to enhance existing processes.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.
- Rewrite ETL process for redesigned Data Warehouse
- Maintain existing ETL process until it can be retired.
- Monitor nightly backups to insure they all run correctly and on time.
- 4year college degreerequired preferably in a computer related field (computer science, MIS, BI, etc.)