The main purpose of this position is to support, monitor, and administer Microsoft SQL Database systems. This position will assist with the migration of database structures from development and QA environments into the production environment and monitor database backups, jobs and key performance metrics.
• Install, configure, and administer database management clustered systems, utilities, and tools in MS SQL environments. (10%)
• Develop and maintain standards, procedures, and methodologies to ensure effective operation, access, control backup and recovery of all database systems. (20%)
• Oversee the migration of database structures from development and QA environments into the production environment. (20%)
• Manage all environments and report capacity and performance results to senior management. (15%)
• Provide advanced level technical expertise and perform tasks for all related infrastructure projects, including business continuity and disaster recovery. (15%)
• Enforce, manage and create policies and procedures related to SQL databases. (5%)
• Provide advanced level support for production, QA, and development database (24x7). (10%)
• Work closely with business and IS associates and outside vendors to effectively plan, deploy and update database environment additions and changes. (5%)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Advanced level proficiency with and SQL Server administration.
• Advanced knowledge of relational database design, testing and implementation.
• Understanding of storage area networks and network attached storage environments.
• Ability and willingness to continue building technical knowledge and skills and mentor Analysts and Administrators to bridge technical or professional skills gaps.
• Advanced communication and professional skills and the ability to establish relationships across business units.
• Strong organization, project management and documentation skills with great attention to detail.
• Intermediate scripting, stored procedure and TSQL skills.
• Basic level proficiency with Oracle databases.
• Intermediate level proficiency with source control systems.
• Understanding of WAN/LAN concepts.
• Ability to support complex service impacting issues with little to no supervision.
• Intermediate level proficiency with Windows operating systems.
• Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to provide and assist with technical evaluations, POCs and/or technical recommendations within their discipline
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to participate in an on-call support rotation and provide non-standard work hour support.
• Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all company associates and by having a positive attitude.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired.
• 4+ years experience in Microsoft Operating Systems and SQL Server clustered environments required.
• 4+ years experience in a SQL Server Database Administration support role required.
• 3+ years experience supporting geographically dispersed production environments preferred.
• 2+ years of experience supporting High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) strategies preferred.