ABOUT THE ROLE:
We have an excellent career opportunity and an immediate need for a SQL Server DBA. This role could be located in our Garden City, NY, Alpharetta, GA or New Castle, DE office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The SQL Server DBA will provide strategic guidance, advanced support and administration on the Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure deployed within the company, while following and maintaining security best practices and policies.
- Configure, support and optimize MS SQL Availability groups or database mirroring.
- Install and support SQL Server on Premises and Azure (IaaS and PaaS)
- Evaluate, write, and debug T-SQL, SQL code
- Develop and maintain alerting functions related to SQL Server and monitoring tools
- Automate monitoring scripts using T-SQL and PowerShell
- Develop, maintain and deploy reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure database system security through secure system access, monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations.
- Perform and test database backups and restores to ensure system recovery from error or outage.
- Review and deploy database upgrades and vendor-supplied patches according to best practices.
- Documents all changes, upgrades, maintenance, procedures, etc. using company document infrastructure
- Adherence to change control and release procedures
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO PLANET:
- At least 5 years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2000-2016
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or comparable education and experience.
- Must possess strong analytical/logical skills, as well as good trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with MS High Availability Solutions including SQL Server Always On Technologies and Mirroring.
- Experience with Windows Failover Clustering
- Demonstrated experience with T-SQL and SQL coding
- Expertise with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Excellent SQL Server performance tuning and troubleshooting capabilities
- Functional knowledge of Idera Diagnostic Manager or equivalent
- Ability to discuss and apply security related initiatives such as enforcing least privileges methodology, enhanced logging, auditing, etc.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Ability to support a 24/7 environment and work flexible hours as necessary
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Azure (IaaS and PaaS)
- Experience supporting SQL Server on VMware or similar virtualisation environments
- Powershell scripting
- Experience with Oracle or MySQL