We are looking for SQL Server DBA for our client in Morristown, NJ
Job Title: SQL Server DBA
Job Location: Morristown, NJ
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 7-9 Years of relevant experience.
- Should be able to L3 Level of activities
Knowledge & Abilities:
- SQL Server Setup, Installation, Version Upgrade & Architect Setup
- Implementing and Maintaining Log Shipping | Clustering | Mirroring | Always On HADR
- Install, manage & troubleshoot multi node multisite SQL Server clusters
- SQL Server Hardening & Best Practice Implementation
- Load Balancing & Scaling out SQL Server
- Design and Implement Database Backup Restore & Disaster Recovery Strategy
- Database Archiving / Partitioning (Horizontal / Vertical)
- Performance Tuning Execution plan, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Extended Events, Data Collector and Resource Governor
- Setting up Base lining and Capacity Planning
- SQL Server Hardware sizing and bottleneck tuning
- Auditing SQL Server Security
- Data Transfer / Transformation
- Plan, Design and Scheduled Database Maintenance & Administrative Tasks
- Work with application team in database design and coding for performance
- MCTS/ MCTIP certifications are required.
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and Visio).
- Abiding by Change Management, Incident management and Problem Management procedures, including complying with the Service Level Agreements
- Act on Day to Day House Keeping tasks by using tools & scripts
- To able to perform in 24 x 7 Environment in shift roaster
- To able to attend calls on-call basis whenever assigned
- Create regular reports for Management requirements.
- Good experience working on ticketing tools like Service Now, Remedy, and HP-Openview etc.
- Good documentation skill to document the day-to-day events for tracking and review, process documentation, Preparing SOP (Service Operation Procedure) documents, Creating and maintaining technical knowledge base