Job Title: SQL Server DBA - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Responsible for SQL Server Software installation and upgrades. Develop and implement Backup and Recovery Strategies.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Good exposure on High Availability Solutions like Always On , DB Mirroring, Log shipping, Clustering etc.
- Exposure to monitoring products like SCOM/ Nagios, event correlation tools like Evanios.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes (SOP and Runbooks).
- Play an active technical role in the planning phase of new projects.
- Work closely with customers to determine their strategic business need requirements and measure system performance against expectations.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Review SQL code and database object designs against standards and best practices.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Support production systems, as required, by optimizing performance, helping resolve problems, and providing timely follow-up on problem reports.
- Communicate plans, status and issues to higher management levels.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7 to 10 years MS SQL Server Administration experiencerequired.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Experienceworking withWindows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- MCDBA or MVP certifications a plus