The SQL Server DBA is challenged to work with application development and IT operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives and support Practice Velocity’s suite of applications.
- We will not be able to provide sponsorship (i.e. H1B Visa) now or in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and manage all company SQL Server Databases
- Actively monitor databases and proactively troubleshoot all issues related to databases
- Monitor databases and proactively optimize performance
- Work with Development on design and maintenance of SQL queries
- Work with IT to implement databases on all servers and SANs
- Implement and maintain replicated databases for reporting services
- Implement and maintain mirrored databases for HA
- Implement and monitor database backups
- Proactively look for database design and implementation solutions based on Practice Velocity software future development needs
- Proven experience with database design
- Proven experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent degree
- At least five years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- At least five years of T-SQL in a MS SQL Server environment
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2008 required
- MCTS, MCITP, or MVP certification a plus
Every team member at Practice Velocity exhibits our core values:
- Team player
- Positive energy
- Continuous improvement
- Clients win