- Collaborate with business clients and stakeholders to document business requirements and create database specifications.
- Provide estimates and task planning as needed to support business cases and portfolio prioritization.
- Respond to requests for database administration of corporate or business practice databases.
- Work directly with applications owners and support personnel to maintain service level agreements.
- Specify software and hardware in support of database requirements.
- Install and deploy database solutions to achieve service level agreements.
- Monitor and assess database performance and recommend tuning modifications to maintain service level agreements.
- Participate in capacity planning for storage, servers and network components as needed to ensure performance and service level agreements.
- Maintain up-to-date data dictionary and resolve data conflicts with users.
- Provide on-callsupport for databasesupport as needed to ensure operational and project objectives.
- Stay current with database technology advances to enable production support and incident resolution.
- Collaborate with analysts, developers, and end users to communicate and enforce standards and guidelines for data access and security.
- Document databases in support of system development life cycle compliance.
- BA/BS in related field and 3 to 5 years’ experience with SQL Server database technologies, including SQL, T-SQL, SSIS & SSRS, & Windows. -SQL Server 2008 R2 thru SQL Server 2016
- Strong experience of relational databases, backup and restore operations, replication, locking, mirroring, clustering, DB logins/permissions, stored procedures, schema, triggers, database maintenance activity, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of writing SQL and T-SQL scripts.
- Understands and follows MS SQL Server best practices (Configuration, DB Security, etc.)
- Experience with system development lifecycle methodologies, deliverables, controls
- Experience with database monitoring tools such as Quest Spotlight or Foglight a plus.
- MS SQL Server Certification preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of service oriented architecturepreferred.
- Background in system engineering (server, networking, security, etc.) preferred.
- SQL Server IaaS and PaaS in Azure experiencepreferred.
- Understands AlwaysOn configuration including older high availability options (mirroring, data replication, log shipping).
- Healthcareexperiencepreferred but not required.
- Communicate frequently with co-workers as well as with managers to discern their needs, and be able to express themselves
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Generally works in an office environment