General Job Duties:
- Works with leads on project teams to deploy and maintain databasetechnologies and database-dependent product releases.
- Performs database administration tasks, including: installation, configuration, maintenance, tuning, and backup/recovery in a production envrionment.
- Monitors and analyzes database performance and usage data to implement proactive/corrective measures.
- Owns troubleshootinginvestigations of IHS Markit’s key internal and customer facing databases, and may facilitate cross-discipline resolution of problems.
- Maintains expertise in supported database versions. Implements best-practice standards, relevant features, and recommended upgrades.
- Reports to management regularly on database project status and areas of concern.
- Participates in a global 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Duties:
- Performs as a member of the Global Database Administration team.
- Responds to complex operational issues across multiple installations of the SqlServer (2005/2008/2012/2014/2016) database and Windowsinfrastructure.
- Analyzes SQLserver database performance data and usage trends to institute corrective actions. Maintains CMS (Central Management Server) and other SQLserver monitoring tools.
- Administers SQLserver high-availability features (clustering, mirroring, and replication, availability groups) and supplemental tools (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Insures corporate database backup/recovery strategy using Commvault-for-SqlServer, is implemented and tested.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator) certification preferred.
- 5+ years experience administrating 500 GB+, multi-user Microsoft SQLserver databases (2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016)
- 3+ years experience in 24x7 production database operations.
- Deployment experience in Microsoft high-availability technologies, including clustering, mirroring, and replication.
- Administator-level capability with Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows Server 2003/2008/2012).
- Advanced TSQL scripting and query optimization skill.
- Administrator experience with SqlServer tools, including CMS, SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Versed in storage (NAS, SAN) and virtualization (VMware) technolgies.
- Experience with other enterprise-class databases (Oracle, MySQL, Sybase) and operating systems (Linux, Solaris) desirable.