SQL Report Developer
The Systems Analyst will primarily be responsible for developing / enhancing complex T-SQL views and stored procedures for reporting and ETL processing. A solid understanding of database design practices will be expected and leveraged to update existing star schemas. Candidate will utilize SSAS for OLAP development. Power BI hosted from SharePoint Online will connect to an on-premise OLAP cube for dashboards and analytics. To be successful in this role, a person will be able to build trusting relationships with business partners, understand their processes, translate wants to needs, and collaborate on solutions.
Position will also require testing, demos to customers, and implementation of changes during the life cycle of the request. Attention to detail with the highest levels of quality is critical as the customer audience will range from analysts to executives.
Plan, develop, test and implement IT system solutions that improve business efficiency and productivity as well as support business strategies and goals. Identify and communicate business needs and translate business requirements into technical system and functional specifications. Support one or more moderately to highly complex business processes/systems for multiple business units. Project team member for projects medium to large in scope and high complexity.
- Participate in business short-term planning sessions to ensure understanding of business goals, direction and business requirements; provide input from an IT systems perspective. Participate in the estimation of costs for the planning of new systems/enhancements for assigned systems. Serve as a liaison between business area and the IT organization and vendors in coordination with project managers to provide technical solutions that address user needs.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements. Formulate and define system scope and objective based on user needs and understanding of business processes. Develop, write, and communicate systems design, functional system specifications and functional architecture analysis. Identify gaps or issues.
- Analyze customer’s systems and capabilities to understand strengths and weaknesses for the identification of opportunities for system improvement.
- Develop user and/or system test cases and validate test results during testing, as needed. Document system modifications. Develop system manuals, system training materials and system enhancement communication.
- Identify, investigate, resolve and escalate problems, as needed. Gather data to support recommendations to address problems. Procure technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
- Work closely with developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Provide factual content to feasibility study for standard development projects and enhancements. Stay abreast of new and emerging technologies. Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals. Identify issues based on impact of new/emerging technology or modifications to existing systems.
- Provide input for the development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and/or forecasting activities as needed. Review performance against SLAs. Identify areas for improvement. Support achievement of SLAs.
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of relevant system solution development, testing and implementation work experience required.
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience.
- 3-5 years writing medium to high complexity T-SQL queries or equivalent
- 3-5 years using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- 1-3 years with Power BI
- 3-5 years using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- High attention to detail