Responsible for the architecture design, proof of concepts, development of SXM SQL standards, design and development of test plans and SQL stress tests. This individual will perform more complex activities related to the design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 Always-On clusters and databases. Will be responsible for SQL hosting environment and manage code deployments, performance tuning and work with application vendors/development teams to resolve functional and performance bottlenecks. Familiarity with SQL in a virtual environment is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage/coordinate construction of logical, functional, and physical database and application designs and features, and ensures adherence to project deadlines, specifications, and budget
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 and above
- Experience and understanding of SQL Server clustering, Availability Group, partitioning and mirroring
- Implement data security and hardening (groups, roles, privileges, authentication, TDE and auditing)
- Architect, design, and coordinate installation and configuration of real-time databases
- Experience with SQL Reporting Services, BI, or other Data Reporting Products
- Analyze and deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors and/or internal development staff and executing SQL Queries, stored procedures and other database objects using T-SQL.
- Perform application upgrades as delivered by third-party vendors and/or internal development staff.
- Manage and test backup and recovery plans, ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Develop, implement and maintain in-house documentation for processes, including database feature such for common problem resolution.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and performance tuning of Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services
- Monitor and optimize SQL Server performance through hardware upgrades, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- 8+ years of hands-on SQL Server database support, development and administration responsibilities.
- 5+ year of experience managing SQL clustered environments with experience in SQL and query performance tuning
- Degree in computer engineering/science or related discipline.
- 5+ years of design and administration of virtualized SQL environments preferred
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.