The Information Systems and Technology Group is seeking an experienced SQL developer with excellent analytical skills for immediate employment in the Boston, MA office. The candidate will meet with internal customers to learn and understand their business needs then translate to software requirements, code, test, document and implement. Improve overall performance of current procedures and document for business discussions.
Since 1983, Vantage Deluxe World Travel develops and delivers memorable travel journeys on seven continents whether on land, riverboats or small ships.
If you are driven by working in a dynamic environment where you’ll discover the value of impactful contributions in an industry that’s easy to fall in love with – the travel industry…Vantage may just be your next home to learn, contribute, work hard and have a little fun. As we evolve technologically and proactively offer differentiated travelexperiences to our customers, we search for dynamic, progressive and focused professionals to join the Vantage team whether that’s in our headquarters in Boston or in one of our global offices in Budapest, Munich, Buenos Aires, Beijing or Cape Town.
At Vantage, you’ll discover team members as being talented, driven, globally aware, entrepreneurial individuals who are flexible in a fast-paced environment and who bring sense of pride and humility to a unique culture.
We have created a culture that embodies an appreciation for the deep history of the Company that is driven by the ultimate goal of delivering memorable journeys to our passengers worldwide. Individually we are one piece of an amazing group while working collaboratively across the globe. We have discovered success year-over-year, by appreciating a proven formula of success while evolving with an ever changing world whether as a result technology advancements or keeping in front of passenger demands for exhilarating and memorable travelexperiences.
- Resolves SQL Help Desk Tickets on time.
- Improves Run time of SQL procedures and code
- Support Marketing/Finance business requirements for data delivery
- Execute fixes and business changes to existing SQL platform
- Create a solid/well documented/optimized SQL environment with source control
- Create new procedures based on business needs
- Add value to business discussions to improve solutions
- Manage offshore partner when additional support is needed
- On call rotation once every 13 weeks
- Participate in IT discussions on best practices
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years IT SQL development
- Ability to communicate with business units to create specs and design/code solutions
- Manage scheduled jobs and report on success/fail statistics
- Strong in writing T-SQL procedures
- Ability to handle shifting priorities
- Take lead on documentation of processes
- Strong communication skills
This company is run by the numbers and strictly adheres to weekly reporting and holding people accountable to their numbers.