SQL Developer / DBA
8 - 10 years experience • Food & Beverage
Seeking a SQL Developer / DBA for a very prestigious client located near Hollywood, Florida. This role is primarily responsible for SQL, T-SQL programming with some additional responsibilities towards providing support, performance tuning and design consultation for SQL databases.
This role involves 60% SQL Development and 40% SQL Database administration.
The responsibilities for this role are:
- Implement and maintain the database design including physical and logical data models.
- Advanced SQL, T-SQL programming skills with ability to write, debug and tune procedures, functions and ETL packages.
- Tune database queries for optimal performance.
- Perform code reviews and SQL code deployments.
- Assist QA Teams in Unit and Stress testing operations.
- Recommend and maintain SQL Server configurations for both production and development environments.
- Assist system DBA team by deploying SQL Server upgrades and service packs.
- Assist system DBA team by performing backup, recovery and archival tasks on databases management systems.
- Participate in On-Call rotation for critical production support.
- Perform all routine scheduled SQL Server and database maintenance.
- Possess a solid understanding of the relationships of architecture components within technologyinfrastructure.
- Expertise with the following technologies: SQL 2008/2012, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- Experience working with .Net, C# technologies.
- Knowledge and experience working with source code version control systems.
- Excellent Data Modeling experience.
- Strong understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- MCDBA or MCSA database development certification a plus.
- Familiarity with otherdatabasetechnologies a plus.
- Excellent communication skills a must.
- Ability to provide 24x7 support and participate in an on-call rotation