SQL Developer/Data Analyst
The SQL Developer / Data Analyst will primarily be responsible for querying and analyzing healthcare information provided by clients for the Business Intelligence and Analytics team. The role requires exensive use of SQL to extract data from varied SQL Server databases and utilizing other analysis tools such as Excel, Tableau and statistical packages to provide meaningful analysis to internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with business partners to generate metrics and research for development and evaluation of projects and programs
- Understand the many data sources and data structures throughout the organization
- Write SQL code to extract and analyze data from disparate data sources
- Use analysis tools to track, analyze and interpret trends in data in order to provide relevant conclusions and recommendations to management
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics and/or relevant work experience as a programmer or data analyst
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of four years experience working with SQL Server.
- Strong Analytical skills with four years of business analysis experience.
- A fundamental understanding of relational database theory and set-based logic.
- Advanced skills in T-SQL, stored procedures, functions, common table expressions (CTE).
- Ability to develop complex queries in a SQL Server environment.
- Knowledge and experience in a healthcare environment involving claims management and coding.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple assignments and meet established deadlines, excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Aptitude for understanding business environment and translating business requirements to technical solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with high attention to detail, as well as perform duties under minimal supervision is a must.
- Superior communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with business partners.
- Advanced ability in math and computer skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access, VBA experience a plus
- Tableau and statistical program (R, Minitab, SAS, etc.) experience preferred
- Statistical analysis background preferred with demonstrated understanding of statistical concepts (regression, correlation, analysis of variance, etc.)
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel may be required.