SQL Database Administrator
- Work within a team environment to ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business?s
- Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business?
- Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)Troubleshoot SQL Server performance and outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarmsConfigure new SQL Servers to match the enterprise standard configuration.
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
- Document the company?s MSSQL database environment.
Minimum Education and ExperienceTechnical and
Subject matter expert in several products SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2014/2016 StarQuest Data Replicator (SQDR)IDERA SQL
Diagnostic ManagerDeep technical knowledge stays informed of emerging trend Technical Support to Others:
Significant technical contributions, ?go-to? resource Versatile, knowledgeable and comfortable providing input outside area of expertise
Versatility of Work:
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices of a particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments Plans, conducts, and may supervise assignments .
- Reviews the progress of others and evaluates results Recommends changes in procedures May be asked to prepare and deliver presentations to executive management and external technology .
partners Independence Level:
Able to provide direction to management on technical matters Identifies what needs to be done and acts before being asked or required by the situation
Identifies, drives, and works withothers to create solutions and be part of implementation
May consult technical vendors to evaluate new software, hardware or new features/functionality included with emerging technologies and RDBMS platforms
Skilled at decomposing complex problems
Skilled at lateral investigations Skilled at weighting and presenting options DBA
Job Specific Knowledge:
Subject matter expert in all aspects database programing and design May serve as a Data Architect consultant to business, security, or other IT departments