Leveraging deep integrations into retailers’ point-of-sale systems, InComm provides connectivity to a variety of service providers that allow consumers to conduct everyday business at more than 450,000 points of retaildistribution worldwide. Whether those consumers are activating prepaid products, paying bills, enjoying real-time discounts through a membership card, purchasing digital goods in-store or adding funds to an online account, InComm is there to provide unique gift-gifting opportunities, cater to on-the-go shoppers, deliver added value through loyalty programs and serve cash-based consumers. With 186 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with a presence in over 30 countries in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
About This Opportunity
InComm is currently looking for a SQL DBA II to join our SQL Server Development & Database Administration team. This position reports directly to the Manager, SQL Server Development & Database Administration. There are currently 4 SQL DBA currently on the team and everyone is responsible for 50% development and 50% DBA. This team supports over 16 application teams that include:
- Back Office
- Digital Delivery
The SQL DBA II will be responsible for the following:
- 50% Database Development
- 50% Database Administration
- DB Codling
- Performance tuning
- Production support
The ideal candidate should have experience with SQL Server 2005, 2008, & 2012.
This position provides primary database support including database design, database development, database code review and approval, database performance tuning, and data archival for teams.
- Provide database design, development, and support to all SQL Server database applications
- Design database objects such as tables and stored procedures based on business requirements
- Create and maintain complex stored procedures, user-defined functions, triggers, and objects
- Implement data archival strategy for transaction processing systems
- Review and approve of all SQL Server database changes involving tables, stored procedures, SQL agent jobs, etc.
- Conduct performance evaluation and tuning of long running queries
- Knowledge of best practices and development standards
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Subversion
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience reviewing / auditing large number of database objects (procedures, tables, functions and views) and dependencies
- Strong SQL Server performance tuning knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to change priorities quickly and capacity to handle multiple tasks
InComm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, citizenship, veteran’s status, age, disability status, genetics or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.