The Database Administrator is responsible for data analysis and database management. PUCO?s main database platform is MS SQL Server, although they have a few Oracle databases.
7+ years of overall experience with the following:
- Designing and implementing Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) to support data analytics (i.e. data warehouse), operational, and other data migration needs.
- Experience with cloud database, Azure
- Developing appropriate, accurate documentation to enhance end-user and support personnel understanding of the various data resources.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining stored procedures.
- Skilled data dictionary analysis and design and data model analysis design.
- Providing status of work to Project Team Lead.
- Supporting application system development life cycle.
- Data dictionary backup and recovery.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of the physical framework of the database and objects.
- Business systems analysis and design experience.
- Logical data modeling techniques.
- Author shell scripts to perform back up, restore, and monitoring tasks.
- Anticipate and resolve issues specific to the team.
- Developing and testing stored procedures, SSIS packages, triggers, queries, and scripts.
- Ensuring the safety and security of information systems assets and protecting the system from inappropriate access or destruction
- Highly skilled at database design, installations, conversions.
- Responsible for database backup and recovery procedures, access security and database integrity, physical data storage design and data storage management.
- Managing and maintaining physical databases including database storage management, procedures and tools for access, databasesecurity, monitoring and tuning the database to ensure ongoing operation and access.