Work and play in a beautiful recreational area with a low cost-of-living. Fantastic benefits from day one! Minimal travel (~10%). This is the type of company you can enjoy working for until retirement.
This role will monitor SQL databases across several servers.
Our clientr is hiring a Database Administrator to be located at the Charleston, TN manufacturing facility. This is a Corporate Information Systems role that will monitor SQL databases across several servers.
- Design processes for monitoring performance and manage database parameters to provide fast responses to end user applications
- Design and establish best practices for enabling and monitoring high availability SQL Server Solutions
- Provide operational support to the production database environments including building, scheduling, and monitoring the necessary support jobs and resolving database related production problems or concerns
- Lead efforts to provide the applications staff with resolution to any database related production problem
- Assist with database set up for new application installations
- Develop a strategy for operating SQL Server in a cloud environment
- Lead SQL Server enterprise wide upgrade and migration projects
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, databasesecurity, data back-up, and recovery specifications
- Install revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products
- Supportdatabase functions by designing and coding utilities and resolving problems
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- High School Diploma or General EducationDegree (GED). Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar field preferred.
- 5years?experience as a database administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages such as API
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Approximately 10% travelrequired within US, as needed
Note: This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship