- Participates as a member of and leads database team.
- Extensive background in Server tuning & optimization.
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to write/tune dynamic PL/SQL and complex stored procedures
- May provide mentoring and guidance to DBAs.
- Represents team to clients.
- Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
- Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems.
- Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. SQL databases)
- Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions of significant complexity.
- Demonstrates DBA skills with SQL Server 2012
- Consults with team members and other organizations, clients and vendors on complex issues.
- Assigns work to others.
- Technical leadership of assigned project.
- Provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
- May develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Ability to write/tune dynamic SQL and complex stored procedures
Education and Experience Required:
Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 yrs Database experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 5-7 years experience installing, configuring and maintaining SQL Server 2008/2012 Databases.
- Experience with scripting on Windows OS is preferred.
- Extensive background in SQL Server Database and Server tuning & optimization.
- 2+ years' experience as a Database Administrator supporting a Production SQL Server database environment.
- Experience with database security in SQL Server.
- Experience with database health (e.g. monitoring, proactive and reactive responses).
- Replication experience is preferred.
- Install, configure and maintain SQL Server 2008/2012 Databases.
- Perform SQL Server Database tuning & optimization.
- Write/tune dynamic SQL and complex stored procedures.
- Perform Installation of database upgrades and patch releases.
- Develop backup and recovery strategy.
- Harden database IAW DISA STIGs.