Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in the financial services industry. At home point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. We want our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special? Our “We Care” approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The Database Administrator will be the primary owner of our SQL Server data bases and business intelligence application and will be responsible for driving data base tuning and supporting corporate reporting needs. The Database Administrator will work with the Business Analyst to optimize SQL Server and integration with Business Intelligence Tool. The Database Administrator will also be responsible for completing tasks and delivering projects as mutually agreed upon by he/she and his/her direct reporting relationship.
The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of databasetechnology to the business opportunities facing the company. It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The DBA is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives. Trains and develops technical support and applications staff to better utilize on-line processing databases environment. Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment. Works to provide a working model of our transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas. Develops a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary. Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications. Work with the transaction processing area to develop both the physical and the logical database administration functions and assists in the development of our processing database and computing environments. Work with others in IT to build the logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process. Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor performance and capacity of operational databases and optimize and accommodate growth accordingly
- Develop strategy to support operational and reporting data needs without compromising either
- Develop data archiving processes and procedures in accord with data retention policies and requirements
- Work with Business Analysts to translate business requirements into data models and structures as needed, develop/schedule ETLs, build data cubes and filtering, and validate results.
- Administer our Business Intelligence and Reporting platform effectively by implementing security filters at the corporate, department and individual levels of the organization.
- Monitor and tune queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring system performance and communicating functional and technical issues.
- Perform necessary application updates, service releases and hotfixes to our existing data base and business intelligence/reporting platforms by developing a highly “process oriented” and communication-centric upgrade procedure.
- Serve as a source for ad-hoc and sometimes complex report generation utilizing MS SQL based queries or similar.
- Establish processes, controls, and perform scheduled periodic audits for user and group security for each system.
- Ensure that all system processes and procedures are documented to ensure standardization
- Research, drive and/or assist with otherInformation Technology projects or special corporate-level projects as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4 yeardegree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field 4 - 6 years of experience in relational and multi-dimensional data modeling
- 3 - 5 years Microsoft SQL Database and Analysis Server experience
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices Technical documentation skills Business Intelligence (BI) platform experience Mortgage industry and/or Financial Services experience is a plus
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Database Administration, Tuning, Management, Security Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements.
- Sound understanding of Business Intelligence best practices, relational data structures, dimensional data modeling, and data warehouse and reporting techniques.
- Ability to collaborate on a team with infrastructure and business analyst resources and clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical team members
- Desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems