We are looking for an experienced Microsoft SQL Server Database Administer with an ability to manage thousands of enterprise level databases in a scalable database solution. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about learning new technologies and implementing solutions using these technologies to empower internal customers and scale the existing platform. The ideal candidate demonstrates solid business and communication skills and ability to work with business and technical teams. In this role, you will serve as the expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost database solutions. The Database Administrator will design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance database structures. Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling. He/she will be tuning performance on queries running over millions of rows of data. The person in this position should be analytical, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for process improvement. The Database Administer should be a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment and should have excellent business acumen and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Administer over 100 Microsoft SQL Servers version SQL2005 thru SQL2017.
- Familiarity running SQL in a Virtual environment running Windows and Linux.
- Be able to support multiple RDBMS engines and work in the AWS cloud environment.
- Support the infrastructure for SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Performance tune MS SQL Server, queries and stored procedures.
- Familiar with DevOps methodology to automate database and infrastructure deployments.
- Good understanding of relational data modeling including physical database design using the Erwin Data Model tool.
- Provide project estimates for databasesupport for new projects.
- Troubleshoot, address, and resolve database issues.
- Implement and monitor successful database backup strategies.
- Restore databases on-demand and participate in disaster recovery exercises.
- Review user access and elevated privileges periodically both within the databases and on the SQL servers.
- Create and maintain databases standards and procedural documentation.
- Provide on-going support for agile projects related to databasesupport.
- Ensures security is integrated into all data solutions to meet compliance standards.
- Implement and support SQL Server high availabilities, such as log shipping, transactional replication and Always on Availabilities Groups.
- Support SQL Server database upgrades.
- Research new technology.
- Participate in on-callsupport.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years relevant experience in Database Administration.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
- Understanding of modeling logical/business data requirements in a data model tool, such as ERWin data modeler.
- Understanding of ETL tools and techniques.
- Must have knowledge of data normalization and de-normalization techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including active listening, problem solving when under pressure, and facilitation.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.