Healogics - Jacksonville, FL
*Local applicants desired!
Summary: Plans, directs and executes all activities to define, implement and ensure adherence to Healogics Digitalarchitecture and business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain SQL database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide 24x7support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Candidatewill work with Systems and Development teams on designs, SQL performance optimization, and perform on-¬?call support by providing responses to high priority requests for assistance by Operations
- The candidatewill work with application developers to evolve the databasearchitecture and design and will participate in the creation and refinement of staging & production database instances.
- Candidate will be serving as a point of contact for advanced level troubleshooting issues, and perform hands-¬?on Database/Systems administration as required.
- Candidate will automate regular Database/OS administrative work withothersupport teams and ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Candidate will plan and executes tests of fault tolerance capabilities, including backup/recovery, replication, failover, and disaster recovery.
- The candidate should have experience in tuning database server configurations, queries, and indexes. He/she will also be required to run such queries as requested by the development teams.
RequirementsQualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years MS SQL Server Administration experiencerequired
- Experiencewith Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experiencewith backups, restores and recovery models
- Thorough understanding of best practices in SQL security* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experienceworking withWindows Server, including Active Directory
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- At least 5years of DBA experience in an enterprise environment supporting all aspects of databases with emphasis on 2-tiered and 3-tiered architecture
- Strong experience in monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server databases for optimum performance and assistance in capacity planning of database servers
- Well?versed in HA strategies including database replication, failover clustering, database mirroring and Log Shipping.
- Candidate should be well versed in database server performance monitoring and storage performance optimization.
- Candidate should have experience in tuning database server configurations, queries, and indexes.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of the Operating System concepts, mainly Windows and Linux.
- Working experience in Cloud environments (e.g. Amazon Web Services or Azure)
- Strong analytic, interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advance troubleshooting skills & proven problem solving abilities
- Previous experience in the Healthcare Industry
- Ability to understand technical subjects, emerging technologies, and their relevance to the marketplace.
- Ability to work well and exert influence as a member of a highly integrated team, composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Ability to adapt mid-¬?stride to accommodate rapid evolutions of technology.
- Rapidly picks up new techniques, technologies, and concepts.
- Should have the aptitude to work independently on projects/tasks with minimal instructions.
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Detailed understanding of Service Delivery/support Processes or ITIL Framework.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- SQL: 2years
- Database Administrator: 1year