The Data Developer will create solutions using SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and T-SQL to support the various ADE business process and reporting requirements. Preferred candidate will be investigative/detective oriented, detail oriented, problem solving, and understand the power of data and criticality of its quality.
* Develop ETL solutions using SQL Server Integration services (SSIS)
* Develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
* Develop cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
* Create T-SQL scripts for OLTP and OLAP database objects
* Perform impact analysis on change requests
* Assist in documenting technical specifications from business requirement documents
* Participate in all phases of software development and maintenance lifecycle
* Support defect analysis and resolution
* Assist the ETL team in the design of efficient processes to load and manage data, including a data quality assessment to ensure the quality of the source data will meet the information requirements, develop business rules, data mappings, and transformation rules
* Participate in and document data mapping sessions
* Responsible for maintaining a formal description of data and data structures
* Assist the Lead Database Architect with implementation of data architecture principles to align and conform business capabilities
* Assist in supporting multiple SQL Server data repositories, which may include documenting databasearchitecture and analyzing datasets to identify missing, incomplete, or invalid information
* Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
* Bachelor's Degree in CS or MIS or equivalent experience.
* 3 or more years of experienceworking with relational databases
* Minimum 3years of experience in SQL Server T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
* Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
* Ability to excel in a collaborative and distributed team environment
* Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being pro-active in keeping their management informed of project related issues
* Ability to work under pressure and maintain confidentiality
* Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs
* Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships across varying levels of the organization, ranging from entry level to senior leadership
* Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
* Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
* Experience in the education industry is preferred.
* Experience with SSAS and dimensional data models preferred
* Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team preferred.
* Ability to effectively collaborate with developers and business experts.
* Ability to work as part of a self-directed team, in which tasks are determined daily in coordination with co-workers, rather than being assigned.
* Ability to excel in a collaborative and distributed team environment.
* Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being pro-active in keeping their management informed of project related issues.