Data Services Skillset:
- Understanding of apps interaction with external data services
- Experience using backend data services and REST APIs
- Experience using Proxy tools (e.g Charles): able to manipulate, modify, route, and alter HTTP calls from apps/devices.
- Understanding of JSON and XML formats, validation and manipulation
- Experience with HTTP tools e.g. Postman
- Understanding of HTTP spec (headers, caching, methods)
- Command line experience for HTTP requests with curl and similar tools
- Scripting and/or automation experience to compare differences in backend data like payloads, etc
- As a member of the Software Quality Assurance team in a highly respected global organization, you will help to assure high product standards for software developed for both strategic in-house systems as well as software products that carry our brand to external customers.
- Develop test scripts for Desktop Browser/OTT software, for iterative and incremental software development efforts.
- Document test results and provide test progress/reports that will be used in assessing the completeness of the development effort.
- Work closely with the development and product teams to ensure all relevant and agreed upon aspects of the application are tested.
- Provide scope, resource and time estimates for projects presented for testing and analysis.
- Identify and manage issues/defects for each assigned project.
- Make available test status and progress reports to the project team. Required Skills:
- Combination of 5+ years of desktop browser, mobile or video app testing experience in either QA or development.
- Experience working on an Agile software development team.
- Experience with the iterative testing process of releasing code on demand.
- Deep knowledge of internet technologies.
- Experienceworking with TestRail.
- Experienceworking with Charles Proxy.
- Strong experienceworking with Jira.
- Experienceworking with Automated Scripts highly desired but not required.
- Experience writing and modifying json files.
- Experienceworking with Use Cases.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a helper, problem solver and a quick learner.
- Takes initiative and works autonomously to achieve group objectives. ? Must be a team player.
- Realizes the importance of responding to customer needs promptly and seriously.
- Highly responsive to the problems of internal and external customers. ? Must be highly motivated and results oriented.