SQL DBA ? App Support? Innovations & Infrastructure
SQL DBA ? App Support
As a member at this financial services firm, you will work with a group of talented individuals in a highly team-oriented environment to create the next generation of innovative solutions for this firm and the financial community at large.
Our application support team is looking to break the mold and reinvent the way infrastructure is handled in a traditional Windows environment. You should be the type of person that never wants to do the same thing by hand more than once and adept at thinking outside of the box to push forward inventive and scalable solutions. (What may work for a handful of servers may not scale well across a thousand servers.) As a contributor to this team, you will be taking an owner?s share of SQL infrastructure through automated processes via Powershell, SQL Server and our centralized scheduling system. As an owner, you will be responsible for working together with the team to flush out business requirements, technical design, implementation, testing, release, and support. While the main role is primarily focused on SQL, you will also be expected to contribute in the normal day to day tasks of the team as well. Success on our team is measure through delivering scalable and robust automation solutions via thoughtful design and code.
- Performance tuning
- Ensure SQL Server is performing to the best of its abilities for each application
- Proactively work with teams to tune their queries
- Production support and long-term resolutions
- Proactive monitoring of instances
- Homegrown or 3rd party
- Build robust automation
- Management of our SQL infrastructure
- Contributions to overall team automation goals (Puppet and homegrown efforts)
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Mentor our off-shore team and coordinate work with them
- A passion for simplifying complex processes.
- Strong desire to take ownership in helping to grow a great team and organization ? everyone is responsible for bettering the team and themselves.
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude to continually improve existing applications as well as drive to create new ones.
- Advanced knowledge of supporting SQL Server in an enterprise environment
- HA/DR strategies (clustering, mirroring, log shipping, replication, AlwaysOn)
- SQL Server engine/query tuning
- Enterprise-class server/storage knowledge a plus
- Master of administration domain (permissioning, database maintenance, backup/restore)
- Previous experience with supporting mission-critical instances
- Substantial automation expertise/tool building in MS SQL
- Bonus points for fluency in Powershell
Prefer local NYC area residents. Should be able to work without sponsorship. NO AGENCIES