ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Supervisor, Clinical Services to join our team in New Jersey on an exciting partnership. The Clinical Supervisor will be responsible for efficient clinical and administrative coordination and effective daily work production of all assigned care management staff activities.
- Provides training, supervision and support for assigned staff and evaluates clinical appropriateness of treatment using professional knowledge within Clinical Policy and Procedures and benefit requirements.
- Manages highly sensitive and/or difficult cases assigned by management for investigation and recommendation for appropriate action.
- Takes on case assignments as needed to assure full coverage of all clinical needs.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of Policies & Procedures, Clinical Criteria and Benefit Plan requirements.
- Evaluates clinical appropriateness of treatment using professional knowledge within Clinical Policy and Procedures and Benefit Plan requirements. Clinical Supervisors for field care and utilization review render authorization decisions or refer for decisions of medical necessity non-authorization.
Education: Master’s degree in a mental health related discipline or RN (BSN Preferred) with psychiatric experiencerequired
Licensure: Must hold a valid New Jersey license for independent practice in a behavioral health field (i.e. nursing, counseling, family therapy, clinical social work or psychology)
Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 years of psychiatric and substance abuse experience is required. 1 -3 years care management and/or supervisory experience are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Microsoft office
- Leadership skills
- Conflict resolution
Job ID: 52969